There’s nothing I love more than getting a good deal when I’m shopping. So when I found out that I can earn free cash back using Ebates for my normal online purchases, I just knew I had to sign up.
Today, I want to share an honest Ebates review all about how I got paid real CASH MONEY for making a purchase I was already going to buy online!
So what is Ebates anyway?
Ebates is a free website that’s been around since 1999. According to their website, they’ve helped over 10 million members earn $1 billion in cash back at their favorite stores!
Their website connects shoppers to top brands (think Amazon, Walmart, Macy’s, and more) to help you save money every day on purchases you’re already going to make.
How does Ebates work?
1. SHOP. Members are able to search for their favorite stores. Here, you’ll see the current cashback offer (e.g. 3% cash back), and click the link to be redirected to start shopping.
2. EARN. Once you’ve been redirected to your favorite store via Ebates and place an order, your cash back earnings are tracked.
3. GET PAID. You can choose to be paid by check or through PayPal. It’s completely up to you!
Now there are times I forget to shop through Ebates – and I kick myself for it every time. It’s a horrible feeling to miss out on free money you know you’re entitled to.
But how does Ebates make money?
Somehow I knew you were wanting to ask that. Stores pay Ebates commission for sending members to their websites, and Ebates shares it with you! It’s that simple. Plus, while you shop you can still use store coupons to save even more!
Ebates is 100% a legit company. They have an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau as one of the largest free-membership loyalty programs in the U.S.
I’ve been a proud member since November 2015. Below is a snapshot of the first paycheck I received after doing some Black Friday shopping at Walmart.
And with the $10 bonus gift card I got just for signing up, I earned an extra $17 I wouldn’t have had otherwise!
Should you join Ebates?
While I highly recommend Ebates to everyone, there are a few people that just won’t benefit from using Ebates. Here are 5 reasons you should NOT join:
- You really don’t need any more money. If you shop a lot and enjoy kissing that money goodbye, you should stay far away from Ebates.
- Your time is just too precious. Yes, you have to go to Ebates.com, type in your favorite store into the search bar and click the “Shop Now” button before buying something online. If these three simple steps are just too complicated for you, then maybe earning up to 40% Cash Back on the things you’re already buying isn’t worth your time.
- You LOVE paying full price. Ebates has a lot of deals, coupons, and promo codes – don’t say I didn’t warn you.
- You hate shopping on the go. I guess some people just don’t like the convenience of shopping on their phone or tablet with the Ebates App – even if that means missing out on flash sales.
- You just don’t like free money. The idea of getting Cash Back everywhere sounds like a terrible idea.
Doesn’t sound like you? I didn’t think so either.
What to do next?
So if you’ve made it this far, that means you’re ready to start earning money on your online purchases – yay! The first thing you need to do is sign up through my link, (it’s free!) to get a $10 cash bonus.
What cashback websites do you use to save extra money?